It’s Friday the 13th!
So, I thought we could have a little fun and share 13 reasons why Jason from the Friday the 13th movies, shouldn’t be an email marketer. Who knows, someone might even pick up some pointers from him…about email marketing that is.
Just in case you don’t know who Jason is, here’s a trailer from the original Friday the 13th movie
Now that I’ve ruined your camping trip this weekend…here’s the list!
- He likes to show up when and where you don’t want him
- You can run but you can’t opt-out
- His frequency is too high
- Even the spam button won’t kill this guy; he keeps coming back
- He wears a hockey mask so you can’t identify the sender
- He’d buy an email list from Freddy Kruger
- The same repetitive message over and over: kill, kill and kill
- He is NOT CAN-SPAM compliant – he’s just plain not compliant with any law
- The only thing he ever segments is his victims
- He thinks to engage someone you have to use a machete
- He never asks for permission
- Once you’re on his list you’re pretty much there till you die
- To him, unsubscribing someone means killing them with an axe