Well, here it is: the last post about MarketingSherpa’s Email Summit '10 in Miami. The last day of the event there was quite some social email marketing going on.
Our guest blogger from Emailgarage, whom I thank for his ongoing coverage of the event, says that, especially in the afternoon, there were some great cases on how to use social media in your email marketing strategy, one of the main topics this blog covers.
It seemed that the cases were all about integration: social media and email but also mobile (SMS) and email, video and email (which seems to be the next hot topic, given the number of initiatives, in email marketing), etc.
“Everything was there”, Kenny writes: mobile, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Video, email, …
Below are some of his major take-aways of the last day:
- Permission marketing is a load of CRAP! “Customized, Relevant, Anticipated, Personalized”
- Start using tiny url links on your website and emails
- Test email rendering for mobile phones
- Monitor your IP’s on reputation – that’s why permission is so important.
- Twitter business info: http://business.twitter.com
- Adding your email subscription call to action to every page in your site can result in a 10x increase in subscribers.
That’s about it for this 2010 edition of MarketingSherpa’s Email Summit '10 in Miami.
Thanks to our guy on the spot, thanks for reading his coverage, and I hope to be in Germany for MarketingSherpa’s European email conference, tweeting and blogging on the spot.